Now Accepting Applications for Superintendent
The Assumption Parish School Board is now accepting applicants for DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT
- Louisiana Certification to serve as Superintendent
- A copy of the applicant’s Teaching Certificate with Superintendent Endorsement or letter from Louisiana Department of Education certifying immediate eligibility for Educational Leader Certificate Level 3 (EDL 3) must be included in the application packet
- Five (5) Years of Successful Administrative Experience
- Certification in Administration and/or Supervision
Candidate materials must include all of the following:
- A letter indicating qualifications and reasons for interest in the position
- A brief description of major accomplishments
- A current resume
- A copy of the latest teaching certificate
- Letter of eligibility for Educational Leader Level 3 certification issued by the Louisiana Department of Education, if applicable
- Most recent performance evaluation
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation
The Assumption Parish School Board requires that, by the date of their applications, applicants either hold a Louisiana Superintendent’s endorsement on their teaching certificates or possess a letter from the Louisiana Department of Education certifying their immediate eligibility for Educational Leader Certificate Level 3 (EDL 3) and that proof of same be included within those applications in order for the applicants to be eligible for consideration of the position.
The Assumption Parish School Board expects to negotiate a competitive salary and benefits package depending on the candidate’s experience, accomplishments, and credentials. The salary range for the position is $115,000 - $140,000 annually. It is anticipated that interviews of selected applicants will begin in mid or late April. The effective date of employment is scheduled for July 1, 2018.
Application packets must be postmarked no later than April 5, 2018 and mailed to the following address:
Assumption Parish School Board
Attn: Board President
P.O. Box 5
Napoleonville, LA 70390
Application packets postmarked after April 5, 2018 will not be considered, nor will applications delivered electronically, in person, or in any fashion other than mail to the address above.
Please be advised that in Louisiana, Superintendent applications are considered public records and are subject to release.
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Mr. Honoray Lewis, School Board President, at 985-513-2598.